Tuesday 1 November 2011

LIFE SO FAR ...


I grew up in the natural raw beauty and the remote jungles of Jharkhand . Thanks to my Dad's job in Coal India Ltd, I grew with with the sight of some awesome flora and fauna, the chirping of melodious birds, and the awesome Damodar in all its facade. The smell of Mahua all around and the country made liquor (Tadhi, Dhenu, Chullu,locally known), the endless bushes of Caroline (Putus), the seductive Palash during Holi still awake my senses to a different world. I went to DAV Public School, Barkakana and Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bhurkunda to finish my schooling. When it came to choose college, much to my parent's despair,I went to St. Columba's College, Hazaribagh, unlike my elder sister, who made through Presidency College, Kolkata. Some how, I could never leave the aura of raw beauty of Jharkhand !!! But as time passed my father retired from CCL, Ranchi, and the family decided to shift its base to its origin - Oh ! the city of Kolkata. All Bengalis please spare me for this, I was never a madly bengali, rather I am an alien to this culture. I never learnt anything in it beyond eating some mouth watering delicacies and speaking a toota foota bengali. Too much to my relatives horror and despair I never learnt how to write or read Bangla. It was 2001 my elder sister got married to the Prince Charming Sudipto and by that time I too had taken admission at IMS for the naughty CAT. Finally in 2002, I cracked and got calls from BHU, XIM - B, and our very own IISWBM. No wonder IISWBM was voted best so that I can stay at home and study. Hmmm !!!I missed the best part of it - the rocking, screwing hostel life. Though for next two years, all the 104 weekends I stayed at Korunamoyee (Salt Lake), the girls hostel of IISWBM. Paromita, Jayita and myself were the best buddies. Oh ! I miss those days. Anyway life continued for us, case studies, seminars, regular classes what not ??? Icing on the cake was my Presidentship of Rotaract Club of IISWBM, but with a Secretary like Adresha, and Fund Manager like Paromita, I was just enjoying the post and my job was to infuse the Rotaract mania through out the college. Enough of Clubbing, we were in our third semester means placements, then through the fourth semester and the real life there after. More or less things went well for us inspite of all the class bunks, low grades and our Rotaract mania. That was 2004, I went to Jamshedpur for my intership, the moment I got down from Ispat Express, I fell in love with the city of JRD. Ah ! the city of Jamshedpur - small yet so complete in every sense and so cosmopolitan in its nature. Paromita was there to receive me at the station and I stayed at her place for next three months. Within no time the family became my home, so much warmth and affection till date. After that the city became my niche and I stayed on enjoying every bit of it along with my career. Came the year 2009 ! and it jolted me in the form of a break - up from a very stable relationship followed by an accident that gave to multiple fracture of the right ankle. So the best part of the accident was that since I was confined to bed I did a loads of reading. Anyway, my fracture healed within six months but my heart was bleeding and I was in real trauma. I didn't feel like doing anything, and to everybody's dismay, I went into hibernation and the worst was I left my career half way. Great are my parents who gave me all the time and space so that I can relive my life. It was my dad's decision who told me to start again from scratch enrolled me into B.ed college. For me it was a horror!!! how can I study after 6 long years that too in a regular college. But to my own surprise, I did it and done quite well in my xams. The year 2010 usher a new hope for me , a hope to live again on my own terms. Then the best thing happened and I got a job again in Jharkhand, and the best part was I got through the same CCL DAV, where I spent my childhood. The new journey began and I am cherishing it every moment. I never knew I am so passionate about teaching and so much attached to my roots.
Happy Reading !!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes Pam ! its a journey with loads of ups & downs but hats off to you for your courage and strength. I am proud to have you as one my close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Buddy !!! You have been a great support all through out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is really really close to my heart!

    ReplyDelete